extension-dll-exception
Identech
2005-07-07 20:19:02 UTC

I am a complete novice with the MIIS tool, however not with Identity
Management. I have been tasked to evaluate the product as a potential
identity management solution for my company and got myself started with
downloading a trial version. Completed the simple provisioing scenario using
text file as data source to get familiar with the tool.

I am now trying to use an LDIF file to provision data into our Active
Directory. I have defined two MAs one for LDIF and one for AD. I have
refrained from creating any advance attribute flow and kept it simple by
testing with only a subset of required attributes. That said, I have been
able to import data from LDIF source into connector space as well as data
from AD into its respective connector space. Also to let you know, I have
defined a custom object using the metaverse designer to be able to flow
attributes that do not exist in any standard object (such as person). What I
am stuck at is the synchronization of connector space data from LDIF. I keep
getting extention-dll-exception which, with my limited knowledge indicate
that its looking for the extension dll and that I have none. Do I need to
define an extension dll anyway, even though I have done nothing custom in
rule definitions and/or attribute flow mappings.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Michael D'Angelo
2005-07-07 20:29:48 UTC
Extension dll can refer to an extension for the MA, or the Metaverse
Extension. If you have done the simple account provisioning scenario, then
you should have a Metaverse Extension defined. If you click on the
extension-dll-exception, you can see the stack trace, and that should tell
you where it is coming from.
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Identech

Thanks in advance
Michael D'Angelo
Thanks in advance
Identech
2005-07-11 17:22:04 UTC
Thanks.

That helped and I moved a little bit further. I can now do a full import
and delta synchronization using LDIF MA but provisioning is still not
working. I am still unable to get the data into the AD MA connector space so
that it can be exported to AD. I have checked the container settings as
defined and as they exist in AD. When I run provisioning, it shows success
status and the statistics show right data under 'connectors without flow
updates' but none under 'projections' even though I have defined projection
rule. Further, when I run export profile for AD ma (which I know wouldn't
work, as there is no data in it's connector space to begin with), it comes
back with a successful connection with AD.

I am at a loss, once again.
Post by Michael D'Angelo
Extension dll can refer to an extension for the MA, or the Metaverse
Extension. If you have done the simple account provisioning scenario, then
you should have a Metaverse Extension defined. If you click on the
extension-dll-exception, you can see the stack trace, and that should tell
you where it is coming from.
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Craig Martin - MIIS MVP
2005-07-19 15:40:58 UTC
If you followed Michael's suggestion then provisioning is turned off, so it
would make sense that nothing is getting provisioned. You would then need
to turn provisioning back on, then run a full synchronization, which will
get you back into the errors you were seeing before.

Michael's first suggestion (go through the Simple Provisioning Scenario) was
a good one. It will give you the chance to practice using MIIS in a lab
with better instructions.

-Craig
Post by Michael D'Angelo
Extension dll can refer to an extension for the MA, or the Metaverse
Extension. If you have done the simple account provisioning scenario, then
you should have a Metaverse Extension defined. If you click on the
extension-dll-exception, you can see the stack trace, and that should tell
you where it is coming from.
Hi,