Sync for one MA causes sync for others to fail?
Derek Knudsen
2005-09-01 23:40:02 UTC
I'm seeing a behavior that just doesn't seem right to me. We have a
PeopleSoft attribute being imported into MIIS, then exported out to AD and a
database. What I'm seeing is that if custom export rule extension for AD
fails, then the attribute doesn't get imported into the metaverse or exported
to the database. I can see it in the connector space for PeopleSoft as the
new value but it doesn't get set in the metaverse. Is this expected
behavior? Seems very counterintuitive that a failed export to one system
could prevent it from exporting to another. As an FYI, the error was a
AttributeNotDefinedAsSourceException, something we quickly fixed so
everything now works. Just found this behavior interesting.
Wayne Alston

Derek Knudsen
2005-09-07 00:05:59 UTC
This does seem to be the case. I wonder if the exception type is deemed
fatal for all MA's and thus it rolls them all back. I still doesn't seem
right to me, as the rule is specific to AD so it shouldnt' affect anything
else.
Wayne Alston
2005-09-07 16:30:47 UTC
i cant see how MIIS could differentiate :-(

it seems logical to expect all attribute flow changes for a given change in
the Metaverse be atomic

Wayne